Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

The Summer Learning Journey - The Legend of New Zealand, Day 1 Week 1 Activity 1

WALT: Learn about the legend of  New Zealand.


Activity 1: The legend of New Zealand. For week 1 of the Summer Learning Journey I was reading about the legend of new Zealand and I have found 3 fun facts and put them in my own work. 

1. In New Zealand we have a place called Aotearoa which is the whole of New Zealand, and Aotearoa mean the long white cloud. 

2. New Zealanders are also called kiwis but, kiwis are not a fruit and it’s new Zealand’s native flightless bird.

 3. New Zealand is the biggest city in the whole of new Zealand even if wellington is the capital of new Zealand. 

I have learnt about the legend of new Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. Morena Santana

    My name is Izzy and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I am really impressed to see you have made such a great start with your blogging.

    Did you enjoy reading about Māui? The story of how Aotearoa was fished up is one of my favourites.

    I really like the facts that you have chosen. Did you know that the kiwi lays the biggest egg compared to its body size, of any bird. The egg takes up 20% of the kiwis body. That’s like laying an egg the size of your arm!

    Have you ever been to Wellington? Even though it isn’t as big as Auckland I think it is a good location for our capital city because it is in the middle of the country. What do you think?

    Can’t wait to hear more from you over the summer.

    Cheers,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did enjoy reading about Maui and no I haven't been to wellington but I think that it is a very cool place in my head though, I think that wellington is a great place to have the capital city.

    Kind Regards Santana

    ReplyDelete