Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - The Secretive Skink, Day 3 Week 1 Activity 8.

WALT: Do Summer Learning Journey in the Holidays. 

Would you like to be a DOC ranger and live with the animals on Great Barrier Island? Yes and No 

Good Things: 
1. I would like to go there because I can learn about animals. 

2.Play with animals 

3. Train animals 

Bad Things: 
1. I wouldn’t live there because you might get bitten by one of the animals. 

2. You might fall over and get run over by the animals. 

3. You can get stood on 

I would not like to live on Great Barrier Island because you don’t know what’s going to happen. 

I have learnt that the Secretive Skink are on Great Barrier Island and on Little Barrier Island.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Santana

    You have given some interesting reasons for and against becoming a DOC Ranger. Seems like being a DOC Ranger is quite a dangerous job.

    I think we are lucky in New Zealand because we have almost no native animals that are poisonous. Only the Kakapo spider. Can you imagine what doing the job of a DOC Ranger would be like in Australia? What kind of precautions would you need to take there? It scares me even thinking about it with all of their snakes, spiders and crocodiles!

    Keep up the great effort blogging Santana. You have made such a strong start.

    Ngā mihi,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete