Pages

Monday 6 August 2018

Punctuation Worksheet.

WALT: use punctuation in our writing.

What is a period and when does it get used? A period is a full-stop and it gets used at the end of a sentence. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a period. I went to the beach with my family. My dad went to the shop to get some ice cream. My brother and sister went to play on the park. What is a question mark and when does it get used? A question mark is a mark that you use if you want to ask a question, and it’s used at the end of a sentence when you ask a question. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark. How was your holidays? Do you want to go to the pools? Do you want a ride to school? What is a quotation mark and when does it get used? A quotation mark is also known as a speech marks and it’s used at the begging of a question and at the end. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a quotation mark. “How was your swim?” “When did you get back?” “Do you want to go to the park?” What is a apostrophe and when does it get used? This is Lincoln’s PS4. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a apostrophe. This is Trinity’s best friend. This is Santana’s flower. This is Rosaleen’s book. What is a comma and when does it get used? A comma is used for a little break when you run out of breath, and a comma gets used for when you run out of breath. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma. I went to the shop to get, some ice cream We went to the park, played a lot, and played even more I needed to get these from the shop, Lollies, Milk, & Bread. What is a hyphen and when does it get used? used to join words to indicate that they have a combined meaning or that they are linked in the grammar of a sentence. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a hyphen. I went to my family’s- Favourite beach. I went to my mum’s- Favourite job. I went to my dad’s- yard. What is a exclamation point and when does it get used? A exclamation point is when you want to yell out something you can yell it out and end with an exclamation point & a exclamation point is used when you what to yell or shout in a story. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a exclamation point. I said AHHHHH! I yelled at the top of my lungs & cried! (Sentence 3) What is a colon and when does it get used? A colon is when you introduce something or do a list. A colon is used when you want to do a list. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a colon. I had to get some things from the shop like: Bread, Milk, Chocolate, & Ice cream. I had to do some chores: Do the dishes, Do my room, and vacuum. My mum & dad went to the shop and got: Dish-washing soap. What is a parentheses and when does it get used? Parentheses are also known as brackets, and it’s used for explaining things for more use. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a parentheses. There is a girl in my class (Daliz) that I played tag with. My friend (Rosaleen) went to the shop to get lollies. My Teacher (Ms Tuia) went to the bakery to buy a pie. What is a semicolon and when does it get used? A semicolon is a colon but it has something like a comma at the bottom, and it’s used to join two independent clauses. Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a semicolon. My friend was right in front of me; She was tall as. My mum & dad was standing next to me; they were massive. My sister compared her hands to mine; They were big.

We are learning to do punctuation is our writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment