Pages

Saturday 2 December 2017

The first settlers.

It's hard to believe but the first people to get to New Zealand  was  from Polynesia. Most history people believe that they landed in New Zealand over 700 years ago. Most of them have many different countries. They learned to live together and they finally formed their own culture known as maori. Maori has  all sorts of things like their own culture their own language and last but not less transitions.
Here are three facts about Maui.
1. Maui is great at fishing  and he is a great fisherman
2. Maui has some mean brothers.
3. Maui is kind to everybody.
 I have also heard about maui and the sun.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Santana, my name is Billy and I will be blogging with you this Summer. I look forward to reading some more of your fantastic ideas.

    Thanks for completing the first activity about Maui and the giant fish.

    He certainly was a great fisherman, he showed real courage and strength to keep trying to pull in the big fish even when his brothers told him to cut the line.

    I noticed how mean his brothers were too! Why do you think they were treating him like that? My older brother used to be a bit mean to me too.

    I look forward to hearing from you
    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Santana!

    My name is Ellee, I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey Crew that is commenting on your blogs this summer.

    It's really awesome that you made a great start to your Summer Learning Journey!

    I like the facts that you were able to find in the story, good work.
    You are right I think Maui's brothers are pretty stink too, I have an older brother and sister but I know they wouldn't leave me out like that!
    Would your siblings do the same?

    Did you have a favourite part in the story or in Maui and the Sun?
    I thought the part of the story where Maui's brothers get mad at each other for weighing down the boat was pretty funny, especially when one brother told the other he had been eating too much kumara!

    Hope you have had a great Christmas and new Years Santana, maybe we will see you back blogging soon!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete