Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Technology Wood Recordings

WALT: Make our own piece of wood that we have created.

Hi, My name is Santana and today I am going to show you step by step to show you how to make a Jewellery tree.

I have chosen to make this because it will be used for Jewellery, it is a Jewellery Tree, I have chosen this because I think it was the best chose for me, It is for my mum, My mum will be putting all of her Jewellery of it, It will be used in our house. I think I will have to consider it is safe to use just don't touch where the hooks are.

Step 1: I used a pencil and a ruler to make a full size working drawing of my Jewellery tree because we did to see how we are going to make it and how it will be made.

Step 2: I used a pencil and tri-square to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the wood so we can get started on my Jewellery tree.

Step 3: I marked a Square line (at 90) across and continued to make the line until it got to the other side using a Tri-Square and a Pencil.

Step 4: I cut off the first piece of wood using a Bench hook and a backed saw, and also I got a Tri-Square to see if the measurements were right.

Step 5: I then marked out the joint using a pencil, Tri-Square and my other piece of wood that I cut out.

Step 6: After that, I got a wood chisel and a mallet to properly cut out my joint so I could see if the other piece of wood fits in it.

Step 7: After I got Mr. Grundy to check my work, then he asked me if I wanted a shape on it and I said yes, so he told me to mark or draw the shape I wanted on it,

Step 8: After I mark or drew the shape which was a diamond, so I gave it to Mr. Grundy and he cut the diamond out.


Step 9: When he gave me a little but straight stick he also gave me a piece of sandpaper. I sanded all the lines of the wood and gave it to Mr. Grundy to check.

TASK DESCRIPTION: For tech we are learning how to make our own design but with wood

No comments:

Post a Comment