Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Paragraph Writing.

WALT: understand what needs to go in a paragraph so we can construct one ourselves

Who is my hero?
 Paragraph writing Point: What is the point of this paragraph? Stephen Curry & Will Smith is my hero because they do things, like Stephen Curry plays basketball and I love Basketball. Will Smith is an actor and I love to act. That’s why Stephen Curry & Will Smith is my hero.

 Explain: Explain your point so that the reader knows what your point is about, and so you know what you are writing about. The reason why I love basketball and acting is because I just love to do those things, it’s way better than sitting inside your house watching TV or on the internet. I love to shot the ball in the hoop and I love to vs other people. I love acting because you can use your expression and I love to talk to other people by acting.

 Example/Evidence: is there anything from your research or that you know that can back up your point? Stephen Curry is popular because he has defied expectations, he's fun to watch, and his game is relocatable. Stephen Curry grew up around professional basketball. His father, Dell, was by all rights a very successful NBA player[1]and a tremendous jump shooter. Willard Carroll “Will” Smith Jr. (born September 25, 1968) is an American actor, producer, comedian, rapper and songwriter. In April 2007, Newsweek called him "the most powerful actor in Hollywood".

 Relevance: summarise your paragraph and link it back to the question! Stephen Curry is my hero because he is a great sportsmanship and Will Smith is my hero because he is a great actor and he is very cool and supportive and so is Stephen Curry.

We are learning to understand what needs to go in a paragraph so we can construct one ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment